Guggulu Rasayana is an ayurvedic medication used for the treatment of obesity. It is a natural herbal remedy, which promotes weight loss in a safe and effective manner. It can allow a person to lose weight by reducing the accumulation of fats in the body. It also improves digestive functions and regulates the metabolism. It is also used to manage high levels of cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Shuddha Guggulu – 18 parts
- Abhrak Bhasma – 1 part
- Kanta Loha Bhasma – 1 part
- Swarna Makshik Bhasma – 1 part
- Bibhitaki – Terminalia Bellirica– 1 part
- Amla – Emblica Officinalis – 1 part
- Haritaki – Terminalia Chebula – 1 part
- Turmeric – Curcuma Longa – 1 part
- Vaividang – Embelia Ribes – 1 part
- Nagarmotha or Mustak – Cyperus Rotundus – 1 part
- Sonth – Zingiber Officinale – 1 part
- Devdaru – Cedrus Deodara – 1 part
- Kali Mirch – Piper Nigrum – 1 part
- Pippali – Piper Longum – 1 part
- Chitrak – Plumbago Zeylanica – 1 part
- Elachi – Elettaria Cardamomum – 1 part
- Punarnava – Boerhavia Diffusa – 1 part
- Shuddha Shilajit – 1 part
- Ankol – Alangium Salvifolium – 1 part
- Bhringraj Svarasa – Eclipta Alba Juice – Q.S.
HOW IT WORKS
Guggulu Rasayana produces an anti-obesity effect by acting as a metabolic stimulant and antihyperlipidemic agent. It detoxifies the body and stimulates the hepatic functions. The anti-inflammatory, haematinic, and immunomodulatory properties of this medication help to improve the immunity and general health of a person.
THINGS TO KNOW
Guggulu Rasayana can reduce the Kapha Dosha and pacify the Vata Dosha.
INDICATIONS & USES
- High cholesterol
- High triglycerides
The usual recommended dosage of Guggulu Rasayana is 500 to 1500 milligrams for adults. Children can be treated with a dose of 250 to 750 milligrams per day. It should be taken in 2 equally divided doses every day. It should preferably be taken about 30 minutes before meals. The doses can be taken with warm water or Triphala water.
BENEFITS & EFFECTIVENESS
Guggulu Rasayana can be used for treating obesity. It can also help to reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
Guggulu Rasayana can be used in the management of obesity. It can help to lose several pounds and allow a person to maintain a healthy weight. The herbs present in this medication stimulate the metabolic processes of the body.
Amla and other herbs in this medication act as a hepatic stimulant and enhance the metabolism of fats and carbohydrates. It increases the utilization of fats by the body’s cells by increasing the metabolic rate. This leads to the rapid burning of fats accumulated in the body and results in weight loss. (1)
Guggulu Rasayana can be used to reduce cholesterol and triglycerides levels. It regulates the metabolism of fats and helps to control the lipids levels. It can increase the good or HDL cholesterol levels while reducing the levels of bad or LDL cholesterol.
A regular use of this medicine can help to reduce the risk of complications of high cholesterol and triglycerides such as heart attacks, angina, stroke, and hypertension. (2)
SAFETY & TOXICOLOGY
Guggulu Rasayana is safe for most individuals. It is not known to produce any serious side effects.
Overdose Side Effects
Guggulu Rasayana may cause heartburn, and acid reflux when used by the patients having a Pitta Prakriti.